How to make "forecasts" more translation-memory friendly?
Thread poster: Matthew Spofforth

Matthew Spofforth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:51
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 26, 2012

Hi Guys,
I'm currently editing forecasts as part of a job with Trados 07, and they have to be edited in a certain way to make the process faster when i start to translate.
Initially there are no matches or repetitions.
I edited the documents several times to produce repetitions, and as a result they read really badly but it works perfectly with the tool.
Am I supposed to be making repetitions or matches? I read that matches are impossible to obtain with an empty TM???
cheers

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2012-11-26 22:47 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 12:51
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Repetitions or matches Nov 27, 2012

Matthew Spofforth wrote:

I edited the documents several times to produce repetitions, and as a result they read really badly but it works perfectly with the tool.
Am I supposed to be making repetitions or matches? I read that matches are impossible to obtain with an empty TM???
cheers

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2012-11-26 22:47 GMT]

Repetitions or matches are calculated by CAT tools and we had better not edit the TM for better matches since these distort how the TM functions.
In other words, repetitions or matches are based on existing translations/segments you translated or imported before.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make "forecasts" more translation-memory friendly?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search