Valentina Cafiero  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:38
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Nov 26, 2012

Dear All,

after a problem with a virus on my Pc, I tried to save a file in tag editor with the workbech perfectly operating, but it always returns this mistake:
Microsoft Visual C++ Library - Runtime error! Program C:\P... - This application has requested to terminate the runtiime in an unusual way
I tried to do the same with an old file, but the problem is always the same, while with word everything it's ok.
Can you please, help me?
Regards,

Valentina

ErikAnderson3
Local time: 05:38
Reinstallation probably the best way to go. Nov 26, 2012

Valentina Cafiero wrote:

Dear All,

after a problem with a virus on my Pc, I tried to save a file in tag editor with the workbech perfectly operating, but it always returns this mistake:
Microsoft Visual C++ Library - Runtime error! Program C:\P... - This application has requested to terminate the runtiime in an unusual way
I tried to do the same with an old file, but the problem is always the same, while with word everything it's ok.
Can you please, help me?
Regards,

Valentina

After a virus, you might want to try the following, depending on how much time you have:

• Reinstall your Trados software.
    The virus itself, and/or the process of removing it from your machine, may have damaged any of several files. Reinstalling should help.

• Format your hard drive, and reinstall everything.
    After a virus, the only way to be sure that there's nothing nasty still lurking on your machine is to reformat and reinstall. Note that you should only do this if you have a backup of your data. And even then, if your backup is from when your machine was infected, your backup itself might contain the virus. If you're not sure, get in touch with a computer professional who's used to dealing with online infections -- they might be able to scrub your backup data.

HTH,

-- Erik Anderson

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem Microsoft Visual C++ Library

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search