chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:14
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Nov 27, 2012

Hello experts,

I have Windows 7, MS Office 2007 and Trados Freelance 7.0. I earlier had Windows XP and since it developed some problems, I got my computer reformatted and installed Windows 7 this time.

Since it is allowed, it is installed on my laptop also for the last two years (of course, one can use one copy at a time). After reformatting, I needed to re-install Trados on my PC which I did with the set up already available with me but when I tried to enter the key, there was a message which read: It has already crossed the number of times one can use it (it was something like that and I can't recall the exact wording). I used to get this message at that time also when Windows XP was installed.

Is there some limit on number of times one can use Trados on two machines?

However, I decided to use it as a demo version only on my computer because it may help in case of some small jobs. I am able to create a memory by using Workbench and the icons are displayed in Word file but as and when I try to open a segment, it does not open and I get the following message:

Trados Translator's Workbench is not running.

Whereas, in fact, it is already running. What is the reason behind it and how to solve this problem.

Thanks and regards,

Chopra

[Edited at 2012-11-27 12:16 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-11-27 12:17 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:14
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is it due to some incompatibility issue? Nov 27, 2012

It is just an afterthought.

Whether Windows 7 + Trados Freelance 7.0 + MS Office 2007 is a compatible combination?

Will it work if I use Windows 7 + Trados Freelance 7.0 + MS Office 2003?

Or does Windows 7 not support Trados Freelance 7.0?

Thank you,

Chopra

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regarding "Trados Translator's Workbench is not running" error

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search