Thread poster: Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:54
English to French
+ ...
Nov 27, 2012

Hi,

I'm translating a .rtf file with x number of times Expected Results, System, User, etc. Studio auto-propagates the 100% matches but keeps searching even though I've unchecked Search for fuzzies even if exact match found. Is really annoying! It's the first time I've noticed this behaviour to finally end up with a concordance match! Any clues?

Thanks,

Bernard

[Edited at 2012-11-27 18:48 GMT]

ErikAnderson3
ErikAnderson3
Local time: 05:54
Try tweaking your auto-propagation settings. Nov 27, 2012

In my settings, I've got EditorAuto-propagationConfirm segment after auto-propagating an exact match checked. Then, when I'm translating, I make sure to hit Confirm and Move to Next Unconfirmed Segment to proceed to the next unconfirmed TU. This skips everything that 1) I've translated manually before, or 2) was auto-propagated as an exact match. Studio will still search the TM if I manually put the cursor into any such TU that is a confirmed segment, but... See more
In my settings, I've got EditorAuto-propagationConfirm segment after auto-propagating an exact match checked. Then, when I'm translating, I make sure to hit Confirm and Move to Next Unconfirmed Segment to proceed to the next unconfirmed TU. This skips everything that 1) I've translated manually before, or 2) was auto-propagated as an exact match. Studio will still search the TM if I manually put the cursor into any such TU that is a confirmed segment, but otherwise I just skip right past them, and thereby avoid any lag from searching the TM for 100% matches.

Hope that helps,

-- Erik Anderson
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:54
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Much Better Indeed Nov 27, 2012

Thanks a lot!

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 and 100% Matches

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »