Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:22
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Nov 28, 2012

G'day everyone

A client sent me a TTX file with some segments translated (they are 100% matches) and some segments non-translated. The client wants me to edit the 100% matches but not translate the non-translated segments. This is a very large file, and I'm afraid that if I use the scroll bar to visually check for 100% matches, I might miss quite a few (plus, it will take very long to do that).

I have no TM with this TTX file -- there is only the TTX file, and some segments are pre-translated 100% matches.

Is there a method to jump to the next 100% match each time I've edited a segment?

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 18:22
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Perhaps in review file Nov 28, 2012

You could export for external review and edit in Word. There you'll see 100% matches as greenish rows. After edit import the changes.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:22
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where to click? Nov 28, 2012

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
You could export for external review and edit in Word.

If that option is available, then that would work. I have never heard of such a feature in TagEditor, though. Can you tell me where to click?

ErikAnderson3
Local time: 08:22
Clever use of the "Find" dialog Nov 28, 2012

Hello Samuel --

I'm assuming here that the only translated content in your file is 100% matches. This will only work well if that's the case.

Once you're at the end of one 100% segment and want to jump to the next, hit Ctrl+F or click EditFind... to open the Find dialog. Enter "?" (a single question mark) in the Find what: field. Then select the Use wildcards and Search target only checkboxes. Make sure that Direction is set to Down, and click Find Next. This will jump the cursor to the next segment that has translated content, skipping over any intervening segments that only contain source text.

Hope this helps,

-- Erik Anderson

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: jump to next 100% match

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search