Error message - Passolo Translator Edition - Invalid data format (Z116)
Thread poster: SCA Translation

SCA Translation  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:02
Member (2010)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 29, 2012

Hi there,

I am struggling with a bad problem in Passolo.

I am currently processing a project for one of my clients. Today, I saved the file I was working with and closed Passolo. When I tried to open the file again, Passolo crashed. I restarted the program, but when I tried to open my project file, Passolo displayed the error message "Invalid data format (Z116)".

I restarted Windows and tried again, but the message remained. The problem is, that I already started working on the file and spent some hours with the first part of the translations which might all be gone now, in case that I cannot solve the problem.

Can somebody please help?

I am using Passolo Translator Edition 2011 SP7 (Version 11.7.0) on a Window 7 Professional (64 bit) system.

Thanks,

Sabrina

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:02
French to Polish
+ ...
Corrupt file Nov 30, 2012

SCA Translation wrote:

I am struggling with a bad problem in Passolo.

I am currently processing a project for one of my clients. Today, I saved the file I was working with and closed Passolo. When I tried to open the file again, Passolo crashed. I restarted the program, but when I tried to open my project file, Passolo displayed the error message "Invalid data format (Z116)".

I restarted Windows and tried again, but the message remained. The problem is, that I already started working on the file and spent some hours with the first part of the translations which might all be gone now, in case that I cannot solve the problem.

Can somebody please help?

Your file is corrupt and probably can't be repaired.
Contact the support and pray hard they'll help you, AFAIK.

It's a well known issue related to some saving file problem.
E.g., in earlier Passolo versions (AFAIR, 6.x) it was occurring practically always when saving file on a network drive but it was fixed afterwards.
Nonetheless, I didn't experience this problem during a lot of time (in fact, I don't use Passolo frequently now).

A good practice is to make a backup of the file every hour or every few hours.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message - Passolo Translator Edition - Invalid data format (Z116)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search