Error message - Passolo Translator Edition - Invalid data format (Z116)
Thread poster: SCA Translation

SCA Translation  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:44
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 29, 2012

Hi there,

I am struggling with a bad problem in Passolo.

I am currently processing a project for one of my clients. Today, I saved the file I was working with and closed Passolo. When I tried to open the file again, Passolo crashed. I restarted the program, but when I tried to open my project file, Passolo displayed the error message "Invalid data format (Z116)".

I restarted Windows and tried again, but the message remained. The problem is, that I already started working on the file and spent some hours with the first part of the translations which might all be gone now, in case that I cannot solve the problem.

Can somebody please help?

I am using Passolo Translator Edition 2011 SP7 (Version 11.7.0) on a Window 7 Professional (64 bit) system.

Thanks,

Sabrina

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:44
French to Polish
+ ...
Corrupt file Nov 30, 2012

SCA Translation wrote:

I am struggling with a bad problem in Passolo.

I am currently processing a project for one of my clients. Today, I saved the file I was working with and closed Passolo. When I tried to open the file again, Passolo crashed. I restarted the program, but when I tried to open my project file, Passolo displayed the error message "Invalid data format (Z116)".

I restarted Windows and tried again, but the message remained. The problem is, that I already started working on the file and spent some hours with the first part of the translations which might all be gone now, in case that I cannot solve the problem.

Can somebody please help?

Your file is corrupt and probably can't be repaired.
Contact the support and pray hard they'll help you, AFAIK.

It's a well known issue related to some saving file problem.
E.g., in earlier Passolo versions (AFAIR, 6.x) it was occurring practically always when saving file on a network drive but it was fixed afterwards.
Nonetheless, I didn't experience this problem during a lot of time (in fact, I don't use Passolo frequently now).

A good practice is to make a backup of the file every hour or every few hours.

Cheers
GG

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message - Passolo Translator Edition - Invalid data format (Z116)

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search