Studio 2011 Failed to save target error
Thread poster: Gabriele Mark

Gabriele Mark  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:56
English to German
+ ...
Dec 19, 2012

Hi,

I have an .itd document that I work on with Studio 2011. When I try to save it back in its original format I get the following error:
Failed to save target content: Server exception error (Exception form HRESULT: 0x80010105 ( RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)). This happens even when I just try to save the original file as I received it from the customer, so it doesn't have anything to do with my editing. The file is partly pretranslated with locked segments, which I am not supposed to change, so I cannot correct any errors that these segments might cause in Studio (which seems to be one approach to solve this kind of problem). I can work ok with the file in Studio and save it as sdlxliff, I just can't save it to the original format. I have SP2 with the latest fixes applied (Dec 6th). Any suggestions?

Gaby


 

François Désilets  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:56
English to French
I'm having the same problem Feb 22, 2013

Hi Gaby,

Did you find a solution to your problem?
I'm having the same problem here, but with Studio 2009...


 

Gabriele Mark  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:56
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2011 Failed to save target error Feb 23, 2013

Hi Francois,

sorry but I never found a solution to this - I had a tight deadline so instead of investigating further I just used 2007 for this job. I suspect it had something to do with some tag in one of the segments, and if I had had the time my approach would have been to split the file in half, check which part the problem was in, etc. until I found the offending segment... however the file was large and time was short so using 2007 was the easier option.

Good luck, Gaby


 

Gabriele Mark  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:56
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
duplicate post removed Feb 23, 2013



[Edited at 2013-02-23 07:53 GMT]


 
Possible solution... Aug 13, 2013

I've had similar problems, and in my case there were tags that Studio did not seem to handle well.
The problematic tags were those that contained equal-signs inside quoted strings in the tags.
(Hard to explain well, look for tags with embedded URLs and similar)

I've had similar problems in other file formats as well, that's why I started with those tags.
The only solution I found so far was to remove those tags (and corresponding closing tags) from the target segment. Some trial and error may be necessary.

Andreas Wettergren
Translation Support
Amesto Translations


 

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:56
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Still getting the same error on Studio 2014 Jul 20, 2015

It is an ITD file, I cannot remove any tags

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 Failed to save target error

Advanced search







Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search