Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 26, 2012

Hi,

in Studio 2011 SP1, when I encounter a segment that has a different translation in TM, Studio correctly recognizes that by displaying "Different target in translation memory" message, but Apply Translation command (Ctrl+T) is greyed out. Why is that? I checked the TM, it is set to update, so that cannot be the cause.

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anyone? Dec 27, 2012

How come nobody has encountered this?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:54
English
Lost for an explanation... Jan 3, 2013

Hi Artem,

I got your message... you should note that we don't monitor the message box for ProZ so all questions should come through the forum only.

I spent a little time trying to see if I could replicate this problem but I can't. I really have no idea why this happens for you. Does it happen for all segments or only those that have a different target in the TM? Does it happen for all documents or only this one document?

Regards

Paul

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only different target, several documents Jan 5, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Hi Artem,

I got your message... you should note that we don't monitor the message box for ProZ so all questions should come through the forum only.

I spent a little time trying to see if I could replicate this problem but I can't. I really have no idea why this happens for you. Does it happen for all segments or only those that have a different target in the TM? Does it happen for all documents or only this one document?

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for replying. This happens only for those segments that have a different target in the TM (that's the essense of the problem) and in several unrelated documents and projects.

Artem

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:54
English
ok... drop me an email... Jan 6, 2013

... and we can take a look tomorrow.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sent an email Jan 6, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

... and we can take a look tomorrow.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

I've sent an email to you as you requested.

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The solution Jan 7, 2013

We've just spent a little time with Paul troubleshooting this problem. What made the problem disappear was to open the Project Setting windows once and click OK without doing anything else. No idea what was causing the issue.

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The issue returns Oct 15, 2013

I'm having this problem again. Opening and closing Project Settings doesn't work, and neither does restarting Studio. Paul?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Different target in TM", but Apply Translation greyed out

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »