Thread poster: PATranslations

PATranslations
United States
Local time: 17:33
Member (2007)
English to Korean
+ ...
Jan 2, 2013

The original translation was done in Trados Studio 2009. As the proofreader uses Trados 2007, I created TTX files for the proofreader to work in TagEditor. But the proofread files would not be saved as clean WORD files either in Studio or TagEditor. I would appreciate any advice.

Direct link Reply with quote

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 23:33
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Which version of Word do you use? Jan 2, 2013

Workbench and TagEditor will not clean up files in later versions of Word than 2003.

TagEditor appears to work without problems with .docx files right until the last minute, but will not clean them up.

The same goes for Workbench. With Workbench you can save the uncleaned files as Word 2003 or .doc files, and they will then be cleaned up, but you cannot do that with TagEditor.

If you can get a Word file from your .sdlxliff files, save that as .doc and then open it in TagEditor.

I don't know how easy it is to get the .ttx back to Studio 2009 after that, but it might be worth trying. (I think I have done it with Studio 2011.)

Hope that helps - and best of luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save sdlxliff files in WORD

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search