https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/240373-cannot_save_sdlxliff_files_in_word.html

Cannot save sdlxliff files in WORD
Thread poster: PATranslations
PATranslations
PATranslations
United States
Local time: 12:49
Member (2007)
English to Korean
+ ...
Jan 2, 2013

The original translation was done in Trados Studio 2009. As the proofreader uses Trados 2007, I created TTX files for the proofreader to work in TagEditor. But the proofread files would not be saved as clean WORD files either in Studio or TagEditor. I would appreciate any advice.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 18:49
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Which version of Word do you use? Jan 2, 2013

Workbench and TagEditor will not clean up files in later versions of Word than 2003.

TagEditor appears to work without problems with .docx files right until the last minute, but will not clean them up.

The same goes for Workbench. With Workbench you can save the uncleaned files as Word 2003 or .doc files, and they will then be cleaned up, but you cannot do that with TagEditor.

If you can get a Word file from your .sdlxliff files, save that as .doc and then
... See more
Workbench and TagEditor will not clean up files in later versions of Word than 2003.

TagEditor appears to work without problems with .docx files right until the last minute, but will not clean them up.

The same goes for Workbench. With Workbench you can save the uncleaned files as Word 2003 or .doc files, and they will then be cleaned up, but you cannot do that with TagEditor.

If you can get a Word file from your .sdlxliff files, save that as .doc and then open it in TagEditor.

I don't know how easy it is to get the .ttx back to Studio 2009 after that, but it might be worth trying. (I think I have done it with Studio 2011.)

Hope that helps - and best of luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save sdlxliff files in WORD

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »