Pauline Ratzé
Switzerland
Local time: 06:09
Member (2023)
English to French
+ ...
Jan 7, 2013

Hello,

I have a doubt about how to handle locked tags.

In my original files, all tags are locked (displayed with the lock icon). But when I insert them in the translated segments, they don't appear locked.

Is there a special way to handle these, so they also appear as locked in the translation?

Thank you for your help,

Pauline

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Locked tags Jan 7, 2013

Hi Pauline,

I created a quick test file like this to make sure we are talking about the same thing:

To work with this I type a little text and then press Ctrl+comma as usual... I now see this:

I select the tag I want (in this case ident
... See more
Hi Pauline,

I created a quick test file like this to make sure we are talking about the same thing:

To work with this I type a little text and then press Ctrl+comma as usual... I now see this:

I select the tag I want (in this case identifying the one based on the highlighting in the source as they have the same name) and press enter... I now see this:

I also tried copying and pasting... and the locked text and tags come through ok too as long as I take the tags with the text. If I only copy the text then the tags don't come through and if I try to use the mouse method of selecting tags to add them after then they locked symbols are missing.

So I think the best approach would be to use Ctrl+comma.

Does this help?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Pauline Ratzé
Pauline Ratzé
Switzerland
Member (2023)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Jan 7, 2013

Thanks a million!

I was adding the tags alone, selecting the tags and clicking on it to add it directly (without using Ctrl+comma) and then adding the text…

So, not only your answer is the solution to your problem, but from now on I will save time adding the tags and text together!

Thanks again,

Pauline

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Excellent... Jan 7, 2013

... you might find this post useful too as it covers most of what you need to know about working with tags in Studio: http://wp.me/p2xDjK-9I

Regards

Paul

Pauline Ratzé
Pauline Ratzé
Switzerland
Member (2023)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 9, 2013

Thank you for the link, the post is really useful and I will definitely follow your blog.

Regards,

Pauline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009: Locked Tags

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »