Studio 2011-Segments approved in the current project do not appear in the translation results window
Thread poster: Inés Sancho-Arroyo

Inés Sancho-Arroyo
Local time: 12:54
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 8, 2013

Hello!

I have a serious problem with Trados Studio 2011. I am translating a huge project with a specific TM. I can get the translation results from previous modules in my TM (imported from a tmx file), but I don't get the translations results from previously translated, reviewed and approved files in the same project.

Can anyone help me please? I've tried the SDL Support Knowledge Base but I cannot find a good answer. I've already tried working with a main TM AND with a project TM, but nothing changes.

Thanks a lot for you inputs!

Inés

[Editado a las 2013-01-08 10:10 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Sounds as though you... Jan 8, 2013

... may be getting confused over Project Settings and Tools -> Options. The reason I think this is because maybe you are not updating the TM you think you are.

Maybe find the TM that you know for sure has the TUs in it (open it in TM maintenance and check that the TUs are there), and then add this to the Project Settings of your active project. If you add it to the Tools -> Options then it will not be picked up by an existing Project.

Maybe also check the project Settings for the previously translated files and see which TM was used.

If all else fails then just import the previously translated sdlxliff files into the TM you wish to use and then make sure going forward that you always have the right TM selected for each Project.

Regards

Paul

Inés Sancho-Arroyo
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 14, 2013

I was actually using the right TM. The problem persisted and I've finally found an answer here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/198451-trados_studio_memory_not_updating.html

The problem is that I hadn't checked the "Update" box when I created the project.

Thank you anyway!

Regards,

Inés

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011-Segments approved in the current project do not appear in the translation results window

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search