SDL Trados Studio 2011 starter: activation problem
Thread poster: Begoña Romero (BTranslated)

Begoña Romero (BTranslated)
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 8, 2013

Good afternoon,

Issue: Newly purchased SDL Trados Studio 2011 Starter shows message "Your subscription license has expired"

Description: A few days ago my trial version of Trados Studio 2011 expired so I purchased the Starter version. I downloaded the software from my SDL account and entered the license on the Product Activation dialog box.

Unfortunately the software is not working and I get a "Your subscription license has expired" message. My SDL account however does show the correct expiry date in 2014.

I cannot use the software, I cannot deactivate and reinstall and I am not sure who to contact as apparently I do not have a PSMA so all I can do is check the SDL Knowledge Base (which I have checked but the closest solution I have found is asking me to deactivate my license and I do not seem able to do this online or offline!!).

I have recently read about other people having a similar problem on this forum so hopefully someone will be able to help!

Many thanks in advance,

Begoña

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:36
English
Use the Solution Finder... Jan 8, 2013

... to log a case with the licensing team.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I have lost one of my license activations and would like to have it reset.

You will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Begoña Romero (BTranslated)
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 8, 2013

Good evening,

Many thanks for your help and for your quick response. I have now submitted the form and will hopefully get this sorted soon.

Begoña

Joy Navarro  Identity Verified
Italy
Tagalog to English
+ ...
SDL 2011 activation problem with 2nd computer Jan 9, 2013

Good morning. I have an activation issue with SDL 2011 as well.
I want to install SDL 2011 in another computer but want to use the offline activation method. When I tried the offline activation method in the 2nd computer, I had to enter the activation code (I used the same as the 1st computer), but I still need the activation certificate or the link to generate the activation certificate again. How can I get the activation certificate to complete the installation?

Kindly let me know how to resolve this issue. I already sent an email to sdl, but still haven't received any reply.

Thanks in advance.

United Kingdom
English
Try the Licensing Help Jan 9, 2013

Hi Joy,

Have you looked here:

http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL_Licensing_Help/EN/SDL_Licensing_Help.htm

There is a section in this called How to Activate Your Product Offline with a Single-User License which should help you.

Regards

Paul

Italy
Tagalog to English
+ ...
activation - sdl 2011 Jan 9, 2013

Hi Paul
Thanks for your prompt reply
The thing is, since I have already activated online for my 1st computer, when I go to my accounts page in SDL, I do not have the "Can’t activate online? – Get an Offline Activation Certificate link." option anymore, but the deactivation option instead. So, I cannot get the activation certificate even if I use the same license for my 2nd computer.

United Kingdom
English
Offline activation Jan 9, 2013

Hi Joy,

I see the problem... I'll ask the licensing team why this happens with the second license tomorrow. In the meantime, can you return your online activation so none of them are activated and then try the offline activation on your 2nd computer first. This may work, and then you can use the second activation for the first computer in the normal way.

Let me know if this works for you?

Regards

Paul

Italy
Tagalog to English
+ ...
2011 activation Jan 11, 2013

Hi Paul
Since my 2nd computer is at another office location, can you let me know if I have other options?
Thanks again.

United Kingdom
English
Only one... Jan 11, 2013

Hi Joy,

You will need to contact the Licensing Team so they can reset your license for you. It's pretty straightforward and they are quick... I have not contacted for you because you need to decide if this is what you want to do first.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I have lost one of my license activations and would like to have it reset.

You will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Italy
Tagalog to English
+ ...
2011 activation problem and another sdl multiterm inquiry Jan 11, 2013

HI Paul
Thanks for all your help.-
I will contact them asap regarding this matter.
Also, I have another inquiry regarding Multiterm. I also noticed that there's already an existing thread regarding my inquiry:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/228535-default_termbase_could_not_be_connected_so_term_recognition_has_been_disabled.html

This old thread shows the exact problem I am encountering with my multiterm now.
I have both 2007 and 2011 and with Trados 2011 I can't seem to connect to any of my multiterms even if I upgrade the version of the multiterm.

Can you give me some info how to resolve this.

Italy
Tagalog to English
+ ...
activation 2011 Jan 11, 2013

HI Paul
I just received confirmation that my SDL 2011 has been deactivated.
Thanks again for your help

Italy
Tagalog to English
+ ...
my multiterm inquiry... Jan 14, 2013

Joy Navarro wrote:

HI Paul
Thanks for all your help.-
I will contact them asap regarding this matter.
Also, I have another inquiry regarding Multiterm. I also noticed that there's already an existing thread regarding my inquiry:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/228535-default_termbase_could_not_be_connected_so_term_recognition_has_been_disabled.html

This old thread shows the exact problem I am encountering with my multiterm now.
I have both 2007 and 2011 and with Trados 2011 I can't seem to connect to any of my multiterms even if I upgrade the version of the multiterm.

Can you give me some info how to resolve this.

Hi there. I am still waiting for a reply regarding my multiterm inquiry above.
Thanks
Joy

United Kingdom
English
Drop me an email... Jan 14, 2013

Joy Navarro wrote:

Hi there. I am still waiting for a reply regarding my multiterm inquiry above.
Thanks
Joy

... and we can take a quick look on your machine.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

brey
Local time: 17:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem over here Jan 14, 2013

Hi Begoña,

I've had exactly the same problem and have logged the question as suggested. Still waiting for a reply. Did you finally get one?

I'm sure it's easy to sort out but it's a bit odd that it's happening so often.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2011 starter: activation problem

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search