Stefan Blommaert  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:49
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 10, 2013

Dear all,

I have received a package that Studio refuses to open. It throws an error message at me that has something to do with part of a path that it cannot find. The path mentioned has nothing to do with the project I want to use the package for, but with a project I did months ago and which, since then, has long been finished.

Does anyone recognize this, and, if yes, what is there to be done?

Many thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxEva Chastain

Local time: 19:49
English to French
+ ...
Same problem here... Jan 10, 2013

Hi Stefan, I have the message "access path... is denied". When I look at the path, it sends me to an old file. And I can't change it.
I tried several things, but so far, nothing worked.
If you solve your problem, could you please tell me how? I'll do the same if by any chance I succeed!

xxxEva Chastain

English to French
+ ...
I solve my problem Jan 10, 2013

I've spent 2 hours on my problem. It's only when I'm working on the administrator session that I can open the package. Have you tried? I know it's not a proper solution, but I couldn't find a better one.

Stefan Blommaert  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:49
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing worked, Jan 10, 2013

so far...

The error message indeed sends me to an extremely old project that dates back two years, and I cannot change anything.

It is a package import problem, because I have asked the files and the TM to be sent separately and I can open these without any problems whatsoever.

Don´t know what is going on; at least not for the moment....

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
What version of the software are you using... Jan 10, 2013

... Studio 2009 or Studio 2011?

I'm not sure if this will be relevant to your problem but it would be good to know what we're dealing with first. If you can share the package that might also be useful?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent! Studio refuses to open a package

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search