Thread poster: Elena Simonelli

Elena Simonelli  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:55
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 14, 2013

Dear colleagues,
I am working with SDL Trados Studio 2011 and the menory does not seem to record the translation while I am doing it.
I cannot find sentences I have already translated in the concordance (F3) nor do they appear as fuzzy matches.
Any idea?

Direct link Reply with quote

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TM Update Jan 14, 2013

Hi Elena,
go to Project Settings, is your TM selected? If so,is the "Update" checkbox selected? In other words, you should see a line with the following checkboxes:
Enabled Lookup Penalty Concordance Update

Laura

Elena Simonelli  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Project settings Jan 14, 2013

Thank you Laura, I think that this could be the problem.
But I cannot enter the project settings for the memory. In "project setting" I only find 4 parts: a main window (project), then "file types", "verification" and "language pairs". Do you know where I can edit the memory as you do when creating the project?

Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Under 'All Language Pairs' Jan 14, 2013

Hi Elena,

Have a look at the options in 'All Language Pairs'. You should see your TMs in 'Translation Memories and Automated Translation'. Make sure you have all four checkboxes ticked next to the TM you want to use for your project.

This link contains a screenshot that shows you what your settings should look like and where to find them: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/198451-trados_studio_memory_not_updating.html

Best regards,

Stefanie

Edited to add the link.

[Edited at 2013-01-14 22:32 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: memory is not updating

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search