Trados 2007: Word inserting unwanted characters
Thread poster: wrbcosta
Jan 15, 2013

Hello all,

I'm new on the forum, so apologies if a thread similar to this already exists, but I couldn't find one.

I'm a user of SDL Trados 2007 and I've recently installed Windows 8 on my notebook. Trados still runs, but I find that it is quite slower than it used to be on Windows 7. But my real problem is that, while using the Workbench along with MS Word 2007, the software keeps constantly inserting the following characters in the text:

-{}-

whenever I click on an action, such as Open/Get or Translate to Fuzzy, for example.

Does anyone know what could be happening? I'm not thrilled with going back to Windows 7 just for this.

Thanks,
Wilson

Direct link Reply with quote

Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:48
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Same problem, but on Windows 7 Jan 15, 2013

It seems that going back to Windows 7 is not a solution.

I have the same problem: not being able to open a segment, but those brackets showing up in the source segment... (Word 2010)

[Edited at 2013-01-15 11:19 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:48
Member (2004)
English to Spanish

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007: Word inserting unwanted characters

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search