SDL Trados Studio 2009 - help needed with word count
Thread poster: sofia_oliveira
sofia_oliveira

Local time: 17:40
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jan 15, 2013

Hello everyone, can you please help understand the word counting of SDL Trados 2009?
First of all, the counting is different from the one from word (Word counts 2077 and SDL counts 2038), can anyone tell me why?
Second, when Trados tells me that I have "11" repetions on a document, what does it mean exactly? I have one word repeated 11 times? I have 11 words repeated? But then I don't know if they are repeated one, two or three times...

Can someone please help me?

Thenk you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:40
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
wordcounts Jan 15, 2013

This blog post will help you to understand the different wordcounts in different programs:
http://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/11/13/wordcount/

11 repetitions in a document means that you have 11 segments that are the same. A segment is usually defined as a sentence ending with a period (and other punctuation, depending how you customise the settings).

HTH,
Emma

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 - help needed with word count

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search