Local time: 05:05
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
Jan 16, 2013

Hello,

I work every day with trados studio 2011 but today, trados doesn't save
the target segments as a word file, as he always does. Moreover, the
files I try to save are small and very easy ones (word files of 20 segments without difficulties). And it works with other very similar files from the same project and client.

I use the software Dragon to dictate my translation and it works usually.
Where can be the problem? What do I have to change/check?

Thanks in advance.

Yves Minssart

Direct link Reply with quote

merinber
Germany
German to English
Save target does not work Jan 16, 2013

I must assume you are getting an error message. It not, please describe exactly what happens.
Start over with a copy of the original file and open it in Studio. Now copy all source segments to target and then try to Save As Target again. If it still doesn't work, the file is in all likelihood corrupt. Also, go to the Files View and look at the files in your project. Check that Studio does recognize it as a DOC file in the File Type Identifier column. Another source of error could be an incompatibility between the file and Word.

Yves Minssart  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
answer problem with "save target as" Jan 17, 2013

Hello,

thanks a lot for your answer. In fact, the problem came from "tags"; Trados added some tags in some segments. After deleting them, I could normally save the target as a word file.

thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

yves

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"save target as" doesn't work

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search