https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/241591-error_message_when_reinstalling_trados_studio_2011.html

Error message when reinstalling Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: Anders Nylén
Anders Nylén
Anders Nylén  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:03
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 18, 2013

I downloaded Studio and let the reinstallation begin. Then I suddenly get an error message;

"An error occurred while downloading a required file. You may retry downloading the file or cancel setup"

"An error occurred downloa
... See more
I downloaded Studio and let the reinstallation begin. Then I suddenly get an error message;

"An error occurred while downloading a required file. You may retry downloading the file or cancel setup"

"An error occurred downloading the following resource:
http://downloadcentre.sdl.com/prerequisites/DotNetFX35SP1/dotNetFX20/ASPNET.msp

Date: 2013-01-18 15:11:27

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Anders\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2649.tmp\install.log' for more information."

I have no idea what this is, and I don't understand how to proceed. Retry doesn't help. Right before it popped up SDL pop up asked me if I wanted to accept some sort of Microsoft file which I did. The other alternative, except "retry" is "cancel the installation". I have recently bought and started using Windows 8 (had Vista before, but didn't use this computer for Trados then).

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Anders
Collapse

Sevmont
Sevmont
Local time: 16:03
Spanish to English
Fix Jan 19, 2013

Had the same error message, what you have to do is download that particular MS component (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1) from the internet and install it:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22

It might be another one, in case this doesn't fix it, before you get the error, the installation box should mention which compo
... See more
Had the same error message, what you have to do is download that particular MS component (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1) from the internet and install it:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22

It might be another one, in case this doesn't fix it, before you get the error, the installation box should mention which component it is trying to download, just copy it and google it to find it, the ones trados needs are free.

I hope I wasn't too late and this helps others in the future.

Erick Sevmont
Collapse

Anders Nylén
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked! Jan 21, 2013

Thanks so much for the input Erick, I downloaded it, and the installation went smoothly.

Best regards,

Anders

Marie-Paule Cadi
Marie-Paule Cadi  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
it wooooorked!! Jan 23, 2013

Loads of thanks to both of you. I was stuck and finally thought "why not look it up", and you just saved my week

Anders Nylén
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well.. Jan 23, 2013

Hehe I cannot really take credit for asking the question But great that it worked for you too! All cred to Erick though..

Anders

Mara Cimason (X)
Mara Cimason (X)  Identity Verified

English to Italian
+ ...
well done! Jan 25, 2013

Hi,

I experienced the same problem and later found the same solution that Erick suggested.

Great job Erick!

Muhammad Essam
Muhammad Essam  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
It doesn't work for me but I solve the problem! Mar 1, 2013

I use Firefox for browsing and I didn't know that the "Internet Explorer" is misconfigured.

So, you may need to Fix a Misconfigured Connection!

From the Windows Start menu, look for the 'Internet Explorer' shortcut and click it. If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, make sure that you launch 'Internet Explorer (64-bit)'.

From the 'Tools' menu select 'Internet Options' and do the following:

Select the 'Connections
... See more
I use Firefox for browsing and I didn't know that the "Internet Explorer" is misconfigured.

So, you may need to Fix a Misconfigured Connection!

From the Windows Start menu, look for the 'Internet Explorer' shortcut and click it. If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, make sure that you launch 'Internet Explorer (64-bit)'.

From the 'Tools' menu select 'Internet Options' and do the following:

Select the 'Connections tab'
Click the 'LAN settings' button
Ensure that the settings are valid for your network
Click the 'OK' buttons
Attempt to browse a web page, such as proz.com
If the page loads, your connection has been corrected.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Edited at 2013-03-01 18:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-03-01 18:31 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when reinstalling Trados Studio 2011

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »