Trados Freelance 2007 - ttx file - shrink segments not working
Thread poster: xxxjacana54

xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 19, 2013

Hello,

I'm working in Tag Editor with a .ttx file which is all I received.

In several parts, but specially when translating content that I can see in a web page, I would need to shrink/split segments.

For example the ttx file reads:

AaaXXXyyy

whereas it should be

Aaa
XXX
yyy

I simply cannot get the "shrink segment" command to work.

I did read the manual and some previous forum discussions on this site and wasn't able to find a solution.

What I can do is add Bold to XXX and hopefully that will open the layout person's eyes to what is going on (and I will obviously send it with a note too).

I am not able to add line breaks.

Needless to say, this is producing a bad result, is making me waste a lot of time and will make the layout person waste a lot of time too.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!!

Laura Bissio CT  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:01
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
BOLD = CTRL+B Jan 19, 2013

Hi Lucia,

You should highlight the word(s) and then add the bold formatting with CTRL+B (CTRL+I for italics).
Splitting or shrinking segments depend on the original format of the file and (as far as I know) there's nothing you can do about it if they are not available.
In my opinion, if you received the ttx file from the client you shouldn't worry, he/she will know about these issues. Just list the segments which need any correction in DTP stage and write a note to the DTP person (and send it to the client with the delivery).

Good luck!

xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 19, 2013

Dear Laura,

Yes, this is what I've done so far but it's very reassuring to hear that there's not much more that I can do.

Thanks!!!

icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Freelance 2007 - ttx file - shrink segments not working

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search