Why suddenly the cursor interrupts with every movement in SDL Trados Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 20, 2013

It's impossible to continue translate when this happens because it takes too long to type each letter. The cursor halts on each keystroke and I get the blue circling displayed in the editors view in Studio. For each letter I type on the keyboard.

Doesn't matter if I turn off autopropagation, the same thing.

I've had this a long time. Doesn't help to restart Studio. Can't remember if it helps to restart the whole laptop, would like to avoid it because I have so many windows opened.

It just happens suddenly, and when it has started it's impossible to get rid of.

George Cook
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:24
French to English
+ ...
Large segments? Big TM? Jan 21, 2013

In our experience, this normally happens when you are translating a large file that contains long segments, and additionally is connected to a large TM (100,000+ TUs). The only solution we have been able to find is to split the segments to make them more manageable. There may, however, be another underlying problem.

I notice you mention that you have many windows open at once. This could also be part of the problem. Trados Studio leaks memory badly, so the longer you use it the slower it will become, especially if your computer is running a number of other applications at the same time.

bungholio
German to English
Slow on every single keystroke, lag between units Mar 4, 2013

I am having the same problem. It's an XML file with about 28k words. EVERY single letter causes the blue mouse pointer circle. I am a fast typist and this is driving me batshit crazy. Plus, it's missing important keys like Shift. This is such frustrating behavior.

Generally, I like Trados Studio 2011, and most of the time it works flawlessly, even on larger files, including XML. I just can't figure out what could be causing this. Have turned off auto-propagation, my termbases (thinking that the search there may have been slowing things down). Added all the exceptions listed in other threads on Proz.com to my anti-virus (which it can't be since other files work fine most of the time).

This should be addressed, and the sooner the better!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why suddenly the cursor interrupts with every movement in SDL Trados Studio 2011?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search