Thread poster: Yves Jacques
Yves Jacques
Yves Jacques  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:21
English to French
+ ...
Jan 21, 2013

After upgrading to Windows 8, was experiencing a few quirks with Trados Suite 2011 Freelance and Multiterm 2011. So I uninstalled, cleaned registry, and reinstalled both. No problem with Trados but Multiterm appears to have installed correctly - no error msg during installation and icon appears on desktop. However, when I doubleclick the icon, a very quick error window appears stating something like : "Multiterm appears to have stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution to your problem" ... See more
After upgrading to Windows 8, was experiencing a few quirks with Trados Suite 2011 Freelance and Multiterm 2011. So I uninstalled, cleaned registry, and reinstalled both. No problem with Trados but Multiterm appears to have installed correctly - no error msg during installation and icon appears on desktop. However, when I doubleclick the icon, a very quick error window appears stating something like : "Multiterm appears to have stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution to your problem" before disappearing. SDL technician says that everything looks fine and cannot find a solution : Windows technician states that Multiterm 2011 is not compatible with Windows 8.
Does anyone have an idea? - SEADAG
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:21
English to French
+ ...
SPs & Java Jan 21, 2013

Hi Yves,

I haven't installed it under Win 8 yet (is running fine under Win 7 64-bit with Java 32-bit (6.24), I would check the following:

1) What SPs have you installed, make sure that SP2 is installed for both Trados and Multiterm

2) Java, if your OS is 64-bit, Java 64-bit may be installed on your computer you may have to download a 32-bit version and/or your version of Java is not compatible with Multiterm

HTH,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing SDL Multiterm 2011 and Windows 8

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »