SDL download: sample provided doesn't work.
Thread poster: evebardo

evebardo  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:26
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 22, 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to getting acquainted with SDL Studio 2011 before my training session on January 29.

In the creating and managing projects, I got stuck at the end. I can't seem to have access to a second sample.

I there a special forum or help team for these issues? Will I have a chance to ask my questions durinng the training session? Is proz.com the right place to ask for help. Or does SDL offer some help. The sites seems so huge to find our way? Is there a way to get another "new" sample?

Thanks for answering
Evelyne

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:26
Finnish to French
SDL QuickStart Jan 22, 2013

evebardo wrote:
I there a special forum or help team for these issues?

SDL has something called SDL QuickStart:

http://www.translationzone.com/en/landing/quickstart/default.asp

It appears to be rather new and I have no experience with it, but it would probably fit your needs. You should be entitled to it if you just purchased a license.

One important thing they do not mention upfront is that it only lasts for 30 days, so hurry up and ask them everything you need to know about Studio before that window closes!

French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much Jan 22, 2013

I didn't look into it yet, but thank you for the info. It's great!

Finnish to French
SDL QuickStart 30 days only Jan 22, 2013

evebardo wrote:
I didn't look into it yet, but thank you for the info. It's great!

You're welcome! Just in case, here is where I found the information about the 30 days:

http://www.translationzone.com/en/landing/your-journey/support.asp

SDL%20QuickStart.png

Well buried in the middle of step 5 of "Your SDL Journey" icon_wink.gif

French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again and a comment Jan 23, 2013

Well I had actually gone there, don't remember if I saw the 30 day limit, but there's no forum or no chat or no resource people: they just have topics and you have to go through them and see which one answers your own issue: in my case, nothing about the "samples" provided upon purchasing studio, so ... a bit disappointing. The so-said community is the one, as far as i understand, who puts up the topics, but no person to person contact!

So here another question for you: any specific forum on proz.com for beginners like me? With such basic basic issues?

thank youicon_smile.gif

Evelyne

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:26
English
Drop me an email... Jan 23, 2013

evebardo wrote:

...The so-said community is the one, as far as i understand, who puts up the topics, but no person to person contact!

... so I know who you are and I'll help you get access to the QuickStart Community. Same goes for any other new users of Studio who would like somewhere to ask their basic questions to help get started.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

[Edited at 2013-01-23 13:46 GMT]

annarigano
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:26
English to Italian
+ ...
thanks to all Mar 22, 2013

Thank you guys, it's so comforting to have a one to one reply, just to keep things a bit more himan in this more and more complex automated world of machinery

Finnish to French
one-to-one communication vs. public forums Mar 22, 2013

annarigano wrote:
Thank you guys, it's so comforting to have a one to one reply, just to keep things a bit more himan in this more and more complex automated world of machinery

But the one-to-one communication is only going to last for 30 days, so it's probably a good idea to get used to public forums such as this one. Answers given in private to you will only help you, while those posted in public will benefit everyone (especially since the are indexed in search engines).

For about 200 euros per year (PSMA agreement), you can continue to have one-to-one communication with SDL once the 30-day QuickStart expires.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL download: sample provided doesn't work.

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search