Thread poster: Jette H Rayment

Jette H Rayment  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 23:03
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
Jan 23, 2013

I am trying to do a job in TagEditor, but am having problems connecting TagEditor to Workbench. Both seem to work fine separately, but I just don't seem to be able to connect them. The Workbench button on the toolbar in TagEditor remains grayed out.

I recently purchased a new laptop and installed both Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus and Trados 2007 Freelance on it as I still frequently receive jobs which need to be completed in Trados 2007. I run Windows 7. I am wondering if my TagEditor problem could somehow be caused by license issues - that perhaps I should have returned a license on my old laptop (which I don't think I did) or something. Any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

felicij  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:03
German to Slovenian
+ ...
check languages Jan 23, 2013

first check the language pair of TagEditor file and the one in TM. I sometimes get the TM in EN (US) and TagEditor is in EN (GB). I don't think that the licence causes the issue.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Account with limited user rights? Jan 23, 2013

jehandersen wrote:

I recently purchased a new laptop and installed (...)

You are working on an account with limited user rights?

The Trados programmers never handled correctly the user rights, so why e.g. Trados behaves like that on the so called "Limited account" in Windows XP.
The minimum required standard level is Power User.

Cheers
GG

David Terhart  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Tools - Connect to Workbench Jan 23, 2013

Tools - Connect to Workbench

But surely you have tried that in TagEditor, haven't you?

Jette H Rayment  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 23:03
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no luck troubleshooting Jan 24, 2013

Thank you all for your feedback.

Tools -> Connect to Workbench was obviously the first thing I tried. Not working. In fact, that option is also grayed out on the menu.

The language pair doesn't seem to be the issue either. They are both the same language.

As for user rights, I am not sure if this is the cause. How would I check that?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot connect TagEditor to Workbench

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search