TGB: Has MultiTerm Extract ever been offered?
Thread poster: daniel_honyaku
daniel_honyaku
Local time: 12:19
Japanese to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2013

I've noticed Trados 2010 is often offered at a discounted rate as part of TGB.
Has Trados 2010 ever been offered via TGB with SDL MultiTerm Extract as well?
If so, what was the set's price?

Many thanks,

DH

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:19
Finnish to French
Ask for a demo Jan 24, 2013

First of all, there's no such thing as "Trados 2010". You must be referring to "SDL Trados Studio 2011" (the previous version was "SDL Trados Studio 2009").

As to MultiTerm Extract, I would suggest you don't buy it unseen. Ask for a demo with your languages. Although the SDL blurb claims "Support for any language, including Unicode languages" as a key feature, the truth of the matter is that terminology extraction is highly language-sensitive. AFAIK, no trial version of MultiTerm Extract is available, hence my suggestion to ask SDL to arrange a demo for you.

memoQ has built-in terminology extraction and that feature is available in the fully functional 45-day trial, so you may want to have a look at it.

daniel_honyaku
Local time: 12:19
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great idea! Jan 25, 2013

Thanks for your suggestions, Dominique. I'll check with SDL about arranging a trial.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TGB: Has MultiTerm Extract ever been offered?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search