Word count is not correct in Studio 2011
Thread poster: xxxtrhanslator

Jan 28, 2013

I've translated a batch of SDLXLIFF files outside of Studio 2011. When I place these files back in the package and open it in Studio, the word count isn't correct.

However, when I open the original package in Studio and then copy the translated files to the correct target language folder, the word count is correct.

How come?


Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:18
Finnish to French
Word count batch task? Jan 28, 2013

Studio has a batch task labeled Word count. Maybe you need to run it in order to have an updated count?


Word count batch task doesn't solve it Jan 28, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion, Dominique, I had already tried that one, but it doesn't solve the issue. I think Studio 2011 has the word count values stored somewhere. In the project? Elsewhere? I have been editing the .proj file but thus far with no result.

BTW: I realise that my question goes beyond what Support is supposed to answer, so I don't expect an answer from Paul. Though it would be kind, of course icon_wink.gif.

[Edited at 2013-01-28 09:33 GMT]


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count is not correct in Studio 2011

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search