"No filter definition set"
Thread poster: Jorgen1977
Jorgen1977
Local time: 23:47
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Jan 28, 2013

I have a project with 4 equally large (almost) files, 25 000 words with near 20 000 repetitions. I am unfortunately not able to pre-translate the files now that I am done with one of them! This is very bad as going through the repetitions will take a lot of time. When I try to pre-translate, I get the following message: http://prntscr.com/qqpfi .

Also, I get a message in the editor saying:

This file was created using a file type definition that does not exist on your system (Book.ini. The following functionality will be restricted or unavailable:

Saving
Verification
Quick tags
Preview

I received a studio package from my customer, did they do something wrong during creation of the project? I googled the problem and found this thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/207691-black_strikethrough_lines_in_trados_2009_source_text.html but can't really see that it can help me in any way.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jørgen

[Edited at 2013-01-28 18:04 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jorgen1977
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2011 vs 2009 problem? Jan 28, 2013

After posting I realized this might be due to the project being created in 2011 while I am using 2009?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:47
English
Possibly two problems Jan 28, 2013

Hi Jørgen,

The message from your screenshot suggests that your project was created in 2011, and that you have not created it in 2009 based on a package correctly prepared in 2011. If package for 2009 is used when preparing then this problem can be avoided.

The second problem relates to the book.ini. This must be because you are translating a TTX file and some features will be unavailable to you unless you have the book.ini as well as this relates to a custom filetype in Trados 2007 that was used to prepare the TTX. So you need this ini and then need to place it in a location it can be found... often the same folder as the TTX will do the trick.

Regards

Paul

Jorgen1977
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Could someone with 2011 help then? Jan 28, 2013

I finished one of the files now, I tested if I could create a return package, and I could. So whatever problems the "Book.ini" issue might cause, it doesn't seem to be pressing right now. It's all about the pre-translation. I asked my customer who said that their customer (puh) had created the project package, but he said "I also can't be asking the client for 2009 files in the morning as this would not fill them with a lot of confidence" – and I can't disagree with that. The question is, could someone who has 2011 convert this now? And what about the +/- 4000 words I already translated?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:47
English
I wouldn't like... Jan 28, 2013

... to give you a definite answer to this as I really don;t enough about your situation. Certainly feel free to send me the files and I can take a look and see if I can suggest a way forward.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"No filter definition set"

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search