Cannot export a TMX/TXT file from Trados 2007
Thread poster: ff4life
ff4life
France
Local time: 13:51
English to French
Jan 29, 2013

Hello all,

I must be one of the last person to still use this software in 2013. The fact is, it is driving me crazy right now and putting me into trouble.

Here is the problem: I am trying to export my TM under a TMX/TXT file (which should be simple as 1, 2, 3) and after a few seconds, the export process stops and the system says "Invalid source segment" in red. I have tried times and times again, and it just does not work. It always stops at 40 600 and, when trying to reorganize my TM, it still interrupts the process at 40 600!

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance,

JL Ungerer

[Modifié le 2013-01-29 13:07 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Egidijus Slepetys  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:51
German to Lithuanian
no solution Jan 29, 2013

everyone knows this error there is no solution.
You can still use the TM for concordance search. You only can't export it. That's my case.

[Redaguota 2013-01-29 19:15 GMT]

[Redaguota 2013-01-29 19:16 GMT]

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:51
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
You should try to delete or modify the offending segment Jan 29, 2013

Old free versions of Wordfast were able to open .tmw files and to export tmx.

If you want to try, you can download version 3.35x from www.wordfast.org

By the way, you are not the last person in the universe using TRADOS 2007. Lots of my customers have not found a real reason to change to Studio 2009 or 2011.

Saludos

[Edited at 2013-01-29 23:49 GMT]

ff4life
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Deleting segments? Jan 30, 2013

Thanks for your replies, guys.

Jorge, I thought about deleting the offending segment but I absolutely have no idea of how to proceed. All the system is telling me is that the segment is somewhere around "40 600" in the TM, but how I am supposed to go there?

If you could provdide any help, that would be greatly appreciated.

J.

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 06:51
English to Spanish
Change names of TM files Jan 30, 2013

Sometimes this helps. Change the name of all five files and retry exporting. (Obviously, all names must be the same.)

ff4life
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Still does not work Jan 30, 2013

Thanks for the info. However I tried, and it still does not work. I guess I'll have to resign myself. That's really too bad, I don't think I will use Trados anymore. WordFast Pro 3.0 seems to be better option.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot export a TMX/TXT file from Trados 2007

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search