Return package in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Martina Silpoch

Martina Silpoch  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:40
English to Czech
+ ...
Jan 31, 2013

Having a problem creating a return package. Whilst translating in Editor view for some unknown reason one of the files in the received package closed at 4% and would not reopen. Error msg claimed Dependency file not found. ...\...appData\Local\Temp\ etc.. The original XML file. Original path:C\temp\TEMP\ ...and file name . Would you like to browse for this file?
When i clicked Yes, response was No file found. When clicked No, file opened, allowed me to translate, TM kept adding units. Saved, all 100%.
When i go and try to create return package, keep getting the same error msg, which as a result, does not allow me to create the package.
How should I continue to make sure to deliver the project? Is there a way how to get rid of the offending file and create a package without it and then maybe retranslate just the one file separately? Thank you for any useful suggestions, Martina

Direct link Reply with quote

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:40
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Create a new project Jan 31, 2013

Try creating a new project using the updated TM and the original files. If you pretranslate the files with the updated TM you should get all or most of your work back. Then you can copy all the target files back into the original project target destination so you can create the return package.
Worked for me in the same situation! Let me know if you need more details. See here for a similar case: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/226474-studio_2011_error_message_dependency_file_not_found.html

[Edited at 2013-01-31 20:50 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Return package in Studio 2011

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search