SDL Trados and InCopy files
Thread poster: klauramc
Feb 7, 2013

I am working get my department to use SDL. Our master document is in InDesign and our translator uses InCopy to manually translate. His job is then sent back to the designer and 'checked back in.' We cannot see how to get the InCopy files into SDL in one package. When the job assignment is created in InDesign, it creates 172 small snippet xml files w/ the file extension .idml. When we use the InDesign 'export to InCopy' it does the same thing. Can SDL group all those files together? It doesn't make sense that our translator would have to go thru all those little files. Any help is appreciated!

klauramc
TOPIC STARTER
follow up Feb 12, 2013

We see how to make a project out of all these files. Does our translator have to go thru each one of these files hunting for content?

Gfarley
Norway
Local time: 07:05
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
Trados and InCopy Feb 8

I know this thread is very old but did you ever find a way to "collect" all the little InCopy files for use in Trados?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados and InCopy files

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search