SDL Trados 2007 Suite - Windows 8
Thread poster: Gabriele Hase

Gabriele Hase  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 07:42
English to German
+ ...
Feb 8, 2013

Last week my computer broke down. Fortunately, I had a backup and my documentation was not lost.

The technician replaced everything (Motherboard, Processor, RAM, graphic card) and installed Windows 8 Professional 64-bit. The installation of Trados 2007 went without hiccups, but then nothing was working. When opening a TM, the message "(5): Access denied" appears, in Word (Office Home and Business 2010 32-bit) the Trados bar is missing, and Synergy tells me it has stopped working.

Can anybody help? Thank you, Gabriele

Gabriele Hase  Identity Verified
South Africa
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 9, 2013

Dear Colleagues,

The problem has been solved.

1. The advanced security features of Windows 8 prevented the access.
2. The Trados bar appeared, after I copied the Trados template into another folder.

Kind regards, Gabriele

[Edited at 2013-02-09 08:18 GMT]

Chiharu Akiyama  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 14:42
English to Japanese
Does Trados 2007 work well on Windows 8 Virtual PC? Feb 11, 2013

Congratulations on solving the problem!

I've just joined ProZ a few days ago, being looking forward to spending time on ProZ. This morning my computer has broken. I'm trying to get a new PC, but worrying whether Trados versions are compatible with Windows 8. I got information on ProZ site that Trados Studio 2011 works well on Windows 8 but still worrying about Trados 2007. Do somebody know Trados 2007 works well on Windows 8 Virtual PC? If so, I will buy Windows 8 Pro just in case.

gb-translation
Spanish to German
+ ...
no problem Feb 13, 2013

Anything that ran on Windows 7 will run just fine in the Windows 8 desktop environment. You can also install it in compatibility mode if the installation fails otherwise. Should be just fine.

Chiharu Akiyama  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 14:42
English to Japanese
Thank you very much! Feb 14, 2013

gb-translation wrote:

Anything that ran on Windows 7 will run just fine in the Windows 8 desktop environment. You can also install it in compatibility mode if the installation fails otherwise. Should be just fine.

Thank you very much (^v^)

TransLangues  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
security features Windows Jun 28, 2013

Hi Gabriele,
How did you manage to change the Securities features in Windows? I get the error message "Access denied" when opening a segment in Word 2007 many times along the document, and that never happened on my previous Windows 7 environment.... THanks in advance!

Alexandre Melo  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:42
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Bypass Win 8 advanced security Jul 13, 2013

Hi Gabriele, I am having tge same problem. How did you bypass Win 8 advanced security in order to install and run Trados 2007 (my case - suite Freelance). Best regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 Suite - Windows 8

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search