SDL Trados 2007 Suite - Windows 8
Thread poster: Gabriele Hase

Gabriele Hase  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 16:36
English to German
+ ...
Feb 8, 2013

Last week my computer broke down. Fortunately, I had a backup and my documentation was not lost.

The technician replaced everything (Motherboard, Processor, RAM, graphic card) and installed Windows 8 Professional 64-bit. The installation of Trados 2007 went without hiccups, but then nothing was working. When opening a TM, the message "(5): Access denied" appears, in Word (Office Home and Business 2010 32-bit) the Trados bar is missing, and Synergy tells me it has stopped working.

Can anybody help? Thank you, Gabriele

Gabriele Hase  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 16:36
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 9, 2013

Dear Colleagues,

The problem has been solved.

1. The advanced security features of Windows 8 prevented the access.
2. The Trados bar appeared, after I copied the Trados template into another folder.

Kind regards, Gabriele

[Edited at 2013-02-09 08:18 GMT]

Chiharu Akiyama  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:36
English to Japanese
Does Trados 2007 work well on Windows 8 Virtual PC? Feb 11, 2013

Congratulations on solving the problem!

I've just joined ProZ a few days ago, being looking forward to spending time on ProZ. This morning my computer has broken. I'm trying to get a new PC, but worrying whether Trados versions are compatible with Windows 8. I got information on ProZ site that Trados Studio 2011 works well on Windows 8 but still worrying about Trados 2007. Do somebody know Trados 2007 works well on Windows 8 Virtual PC? If so, I will buy Windows 8 Pro just in case.

gb-translation
Local time: 15:36
Spanish to German
+ ...
no problem Feb 13, 2013

Anything that ran on Windows 7 will run just fine in the Windows 8 desktop environment. You can also install it in compatibility mode if the installation fails otherwise. Should be just fine.

Chiharu Akiyama  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:36
English to Japanese
Thank you very much! Feb 14, 2013

gb-translation wrote:

Anything that ran on Windows 7 will run just fine in the Windows 8 desktop environment. You can also install it in compatibility mode if the installation fails otherwise. Should be just fine.

Thank you very much (^v^)

TransLangues  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:36
English to French
+ ...
security features Windows Jun 28, 2013

Hi Gabriele,
How did you manage to change the Securities features in Windows? I get the error message "Access denied" when opening a segment in Word 2007 many times along the document, and that never happened on my previous Windows 7 environment.... THanks in advance!

Alexandre Melo  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:36
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Bypass Win 8 advanced security Jul 13, 2013

Hi Gabriele, I am having tge same problem. How did you bypass Win 8 advanced security in order to install and run Trados 2007 (my case - suite Freelance). Best regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 Suite - Windows 8

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search