Cannot validate SDL plug-in: SDL Studio 2011
Thread poster: Heather McCrae

Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:59
Member (2012)
German to English
Feb 13, 2013

While translating a file, Studio just vanished and the following error message was shown:

Cannot validate SDL plug-in: Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.Licencing.ServerLicensingExceptionHandlingFilter, Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888 : C:\Programme\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio2\Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.dll

I was having problems with the translation of an xml file, auto-propagation was being implemented all the time on stuff like numbers, so each a 2, etc. came up, auto-propagation would occur. this never happened before, usually all numbers are automatically inserted, etc. but this file has been wierd from the start. I did translate it in 2007 and the agency said not all translations went through and so on, so I thought I would try it out in Studio and then turn it back into the xml at the end, but no way hose, Studio has crashed 3 times so far, each time at a different spot.
anyone have an idea/solution?
Heather

Direct link Reply with quote

Ana Sofia Correia  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:59
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
same issue Feb 18, 2014

Hi Heather,

Did you manage to solve this issue? I received the same error...

Thank you!

Ana

Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2012)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
cannot remember, sorry Feb 18, 2014

Hi there Ana,
I really cannot remember what happened, sorry. over a year ago now.
but in most cases, rebooting the computer usually cures most SDL problems. Otherwise, ask Paul Filkin, he is in this forum a lot, he is an SDL expert. or look on the SDL help page.
hope that helps a bit!
Heather

Ana Sofia Correia  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:59
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
Nothing worked Feb 19, 2014

Hi Heather,

Nope, rebooting pc didn't work, rebooting studio didn't work, updating studio (apparently I was missing one patch) didn't work. What eventually worked was exporting document, tm and termbases to MEMOQ...

Thank you anyway for your reply!

Best regards,

Ana

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Resolving this error Feb 20, 2014

Hi,

In case anyone else has this problem it might be worth trying the following, instructions are for Studio 2011.

Rename the setting files and run a repair installation:

Close all SDL applications.

Go to the following folder:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER_NAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10.0.0.0
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10.0.0.0

There you will find the following 3 XML files that you should rename, for example with an underscore before the name:

- BaseSettings.xml
- Plugincache.xml
- UserSettings.xml

So they now look like this:

- _BaseSettings.xml
- _Plugincache.xml
- _UserSettings.xml

After you have completed these steps run a repair installation:

- Click on Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features
- In the list of installed programs scroll to the entry SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2
- Select this entry with a click and then click the Repair button.

Try launching SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2 again.

This may do the trick.

Regards

Paul

CarrieRooster
Polish to English
+ ...
Same problem with Studio 2015 Nov 26, 2016

Hello,

I have the same problem with Trados Studio 2015. I've follow the above instructions and the problem still occurs. Any ideas?

Full error message:
Cannot validate SDL plug-in. Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Exceptions.FilteredExceptionFilter.Sdl.Desktop.Platform, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=c28cdb26c44c88: C:\program files (x86)\sdl\sdl trados studio\studio4\Sdl.Desktop.Platform.dll

[Edited at 2016-11-26 14:06 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-11-26 14:06 GMT]

CarrieRooster
Polish to English
+ ...
Solved... or at least I hope so Nov 27, 2016

I've repaired Trados Studio AND Multiterm 2015 by renaming all the setting files and clicking "repair". Then I opened a new project using the saved TM, so I would not lose my work so far. It didn't help. Desperate, I turn my computer off and turn it on again (instead of simply restarting it). Then it miraculously worked! I don't know what could have caused the issue. I didn't do anything out of my normal course of work. I hope my case will help someone with the same problem. May the Force be with you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot validate SDL plug-in: SDL Studio 2011

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search