Thread poster: Filipa Plant dos Santos

Filipa Plant dos Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:37
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
Feb 21, 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm kind of stuck. I have SDL Studio 2011 (SP2) and MultiTerm 2011 SP2 - 9.2.3610

I'm working through the MultiTerm certification course, and I've got to the point where I'm asked to go and find the MultiTerm Widget so that I can search from other applications.

The Widget is supposed to be accessed from the Windows Start Menu, and I go there, I find SDL MultiTerm Ok, but no sign of the Widget.

I've searched my computer, but can't find any trace of this.

I know that I did have this once, but... where is it now? Also - how will I recognise it - what does it's icon look like? I certainly can't remember.

I've checked the knowledgebase, and they say that the Widget is a tiny application that resides in the Window tray area. What does that mean? Can't find it, wherever it is.

If anyone can help me, I'd be so grateful!!

Thank you!!!!!

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:37
English to French
+ ...
OpenExchange Feb 21, 2013

Hi Filipa,

Download it from the OpenExchange site.

Bernard

Portugal
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Feb 21, 2013

Yes, there it is on OpenExchange.

Doesn't want to download though, there must be a problem with the site. Never mind, I'll try again over the weekend.

Thank you Bernard icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2013-02-21 18:02 GMT]

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Downloaded Feb 21, 2013

I've just downloaded it, drop me an e-mail and I'll forward it to you.

Bernard

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
It does get installed... Feb 21, 2013

... alongside MultiTerm although you do have an option to include it or not. If you did it would be in the Start memu then All programs -> SDL -> SDL MultiTerm 2011

A repair of the installation through the Control Panel might give you the option to add it if you missed the first time.

Regards

Paul

Portugal
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Option? Feb 22, 2013

Hi Paul,

Well, I don't think I was given an option about downloading the Widget, as I would have chosen it for sure. But I definitely had the Widget when I first got Studio. I wonder if it "disappeared" with the upgrade to SP2?

Anyway, Bernard very kindly sent me the Widget and all is OK!

I've just tried to download it again from TranslationZone, just to see if I can, but I get the same message telling me that the page has moved or is unavailable.

Thanks for the suggestion of repairing the installation through the control panel. I think this is probably a good suggestion for those who are better at this than me. I've searched my computer control panel but would not have a clue where to start!!! icon_eek.gif

As you may have guessed I'm not the world's most expert computer user. (This may be an understatement)!!.

Thanks for your help Paul!

Filipa

Portugal
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Bernard! Feb 22, 2013

for sending me the Widget!

Where would I be without Prozians (don't answer please)

bye for now

Filipa

TranslateWithMe
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 5, 2015

[Edited at 2015-11-05 14:18 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where is SDL MultiTerm Widget?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search