Thread poster: m_laura_suarez

m_laura_suarez
Argentina
Local time: 19:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2013

Hello there,

My Trados Studio 2011 won't open, all of a sudden - it remains minimized at the task bar and that's it. Whenever I right click and, again, click any of the options, nothing happens.

I also use it (same valid and true licence) in another computer and everything is ok there...

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Laura

Direct link Reply with quote

Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:07
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Java update? Feb 26, 2013

Hi Laura,

I'm using Studio 2009 but I had a similar issue last week. It just refused to open one morning when it had been fine the previous evening. The only thing that had changed had been a java update, so I reinstalled java and everything worked fine again.

Might not be the same in your case, but it's worth a shot!

Becky.

m_laura_suarez
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Java seems not to be the problem Feb 26, 2013

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you very much.

I have checked Java and just in case updated it, then rebooted my computer but the problem remains. I guess I will have to install it again...

Best regards,

Laura

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:07
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Bring to front Feb 26, 2013

Try going to Task Manager (right click in the task bar at the bottom of your screen and select "Start Task Manager"/Iniciar el Administrador de Tareas).
Then, under "applications", right click Studio and select "Bring to front" (Traer al frente).

m_laura_suarez
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes! Feb 26, 2013

Emma,

Thank you very much.

"Bring to front" did not work, but then "Maximize" (under the same drop-down menu) did. Strange as it may seem, maximizing Studio from the task bar did not respond, but it did here.

Now it seems to be solved definitely, even having restarted both Studio and the pc.

Thanks!!!

Laura

Tapsa
Local time: 00:07
English to Finnish
I had the same problem... Feb 26, 2013

Laura, it might have something to do with Nalpeiron licensing system (or whatever it is).

I had the same problem two times a few days ago (Windows 8).

There are two processes, nlssrv32.exe and nalserv.exe, of which one or both caused it.

Had to restart them in (sorry, don't remember the exact procedure how I did it, I might have stopped or killed them first and then restart in task manager - services) in Task Manager.

Hope this helps, if you havent resolved the issue yet.

Cheers,
Tapani

** Ah, you had a different problem, I see. In my case it was a different problem ***

[Edited at 2013-02-26 14:48 GMT]

m_laura_suarez
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved, thank you! Feb 26, 2013

Tapani,

Thank you very much for your help.

Best,

Laura

Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Worked for mee, too! Sep 24, 2015

Hello colleagues,

Emma's solution worked for me too, but using Maximize instead of Bring to front.

Thanks, this forum is great help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 won't open

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search