Suzanne De Loos  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:28
Member (2006)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 28, 2013

Hi all,

I have a problem with downloading apps from SDL OpenExchange.

Having logged in with valid user name & password on sdl.com, I go to the OpenExhcange page.

However, all apps I open give the message: "You need to log in or create an account to download this app." So, I tied to log in again, with the result that I was redirected to my own account page.

When I try to download an app, the following message appears:

"Sorry, we can't find that page.
The page you are looking for is no longer available or has been moved.
To see if the page is still available or to find similar information, please try the following..."

What am I doing wrong??

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Suzanne

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Studio 2011 Feb 28, 2013

Hi Suzanne,

If you have 2011, go to Start -> Programs - SDL -> 2011, click on OpenExchange - will put you directly on the OpenExchange site, select the application you want to download, you'll be prompted for username and pwd, login, you'll be prompted again for the same thing - click on Continue. Just tested it and it works, looks like SDL is having problems since they moved their servers. If you still can't, drop me an e-mail and I'll download the application for you.

HTH,

Bernard

Fernando Guimaraes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:28
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Another Browser? Mar 1, 2013

This happened to me last week too.
I could only Download using another browser (Google Chrome) instead of IE, and downloading from the My apps Menu.

Suzanne De Loos  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! Mar 1, 2013

Thank you for your suggestions!

I tried Bernard's tip, and I didnt'work.. However, then I tried to access OpenExchange from "SDL Studio News" on the home page of studio, and somehow this worked!

It might also have been the browser though, because I normally use Firefox and Studio opens Internet Explorer...

Thanks again!

Suzanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot download from SDL OpenExchange

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search