Migrating from separate source/target files with target templates
Thread poster: Jason Daniels

Jason Daniels
Local time: 07:29
Japanese to English
Mar 1, 2013

I would like to start working with Studio 2011 more, but not sure how to do it while keeping the same workflow and environment. I have different Word templates (not macros or anything) depending on type of job and client, and I want to integrate this somehow (not sure if it can be done or not). This is mostly because not everything in the source is translated, but also because of environment settings like font, font size, tab spacing, etc.

Can someone tell me how to set studio up like this?

Jason Daniels
Local time: 07:29
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
reply Mar 1, 2013

Or if what I am saying doesn't make sense or cannot be done, how to specify formatting of the target to be different than that of the source? For example, the source may not have line spacing, but the target file needs to have line spacing. I know I could export the target as a Word file and then try to clean that up, but that kind of seems to defeat the purpose of using Studio with regard to supposed time-saving and efficiency advantages.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Migrating from separate source/target files with target templates

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search