SDL Multiterm 2011 issue
Thread poster: nrbseal

nrbseal
United States
Local time: 15:05
Spanish to English
Mar 1, 2013

I am having a problem viewing the terms in Multiterm 2011.

I am pretty sure that I have followed the the correct steps. I have a glossary of terms in Excel that I would like to convert into Multiterm. I have converted the Excel file through Multiterm Convert. I go through the wizard and all the terms appear to have been converted into Multiterm. However, when I try to view the terms that have supposedly been converted, I cannot view them on the page. They do appear on the Hitlist though. I am confused and would just like for this to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:05
English to French
+ ...
Browse Mar 1, 2013

Hi,

Is the issue occurring under Multiterm or in Studio if in Multiterm under Terms, click on Browse - Hitlist is to search for terms.

If in Studio, make sure, Term Recognition is selected and not Term Search.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-03-01 20:42 GMT]

nrbseal
United States
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Multiterm 2011 issue Mar 1, 2013

Thank you for your help.

The terms are all there. I just cannot scroll through them all. I have over 600 terms and am only able to scroll through 15 of them. They are all there though. When I search them they appear on the hitlist. I just don't understand why only some of them are available for viewing.

On another note...when I try to import a different, smaller, Excel file it says (in catalog view) that the 50 terms have been imported. But I cannot get a hit on any of the terms. I have tried over and over and have gotten the same result. This is all in Multiterm 2011. It's extremely frustrating because I have looked at previous blogs and videos and have not been able to find a solution. I hope it's something simple that I am just over looking. Again, thank you for your help Bernard.

English to French
+ ...
MS-Glossary Mar 2, 2013

I've imported the entire MS-Glossary (English-French - tbx and other TMs over 1,000,000 entries) and not encountered any issue - same with generating AutoSuggest Dictionaries - can you send me a sreenshot of your issue

nrbseal
United States
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Multiterm 2011 issue Mar 2, 2013

I would but it seems this page does not give me the option to attach a picture to this post...I guess there is supposed to be an "attach" button somewhere but I cannot find it. I searched the page too and nothing was there.

I really do appreciate all of your help Bernard. Is there another way that I can get you that screenshot?

English to French
+ ...
Multiterm Mar 2, 2013

Use my e-mail address

nrbseal
United States
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 3, 2013

Bernard, thank you so much! It does work! Haha. I greatly appreciate all your help. You have gone above and beyond in my opinion in assisting me. I cannot thank you enough.

Nathan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Multiterm 2011 issue

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search