SDL Multiterm 2011 issue
Thread poster: nrbseal

nrbseal
United States
Local time: 14:24
Spanish to English
Mar 1, 2013

I am having a problem viewing the terms in Multiterm 2011.

I am pretty sure that I have followed the the correct steps. I have a glossary of terms in Excel that I would like to convert into Multiterm. I have converted the Excel file through Multiterm Convert. I go through the wizard and all the terms appear to have been converted into Multiterm. However, when I try to view the terms that have supposedly been converted, I cannot view them on the page. They do appear on the Hitlist though. I am confused and would just like for this to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:24
English to French
+ ...
Browse Mar 1, 2013

Hi,

Is the issue occurring under Multiterm or in Studio if in Multiterm under Terms, click on Browse - Hitlist is to search for terms.

If in Studio, make sure, Term Recognition is selected and not Term Search.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-03-01 20:42 GMT]

nrbseal
United States
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Multiterm 2011 issue Mar 1, 2013

Thank you for your help.

The terms are all there. I just cannot scroll through them all. I have over 600 terms and am only able to scroll through 15 of them. They are all there though. When I search them they appear on the hitlist. I just don't understand why only some of them are available for viewing.

On another note...when I try to import a different, smaller, Excel file it says (in catalog view) that the 50 terms have been imported. But I cannot get a hit on any of the terms. I have tried over and over and have gotten the same result. This is all in Multiterm 2011. It's extremely frustrating because I have looked at previous blogs and videos and have not been able to find a solution. I hope it's something simple that I am just over looking. Again, thank you for your help Bernard.

English to French
+ ...
MS-Glossary Mar 2, 2013

I've imported the entire MS-Glossary (English-French - tbx and other TMs over 1,000,000 entries) and not encountered any issue - same with generating AutoSuggest Dictionaries - can you send me a sreenshot of your issue

nrbseal
United States
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Multiterm 2011 issue Mar 2, 2013

I would but it seems this page does not give me the option to attach a picture to this post...I guess there is supposed to be an "attach" button somewhere but I cannot find it. I searched the page too and nothing was there.

I really do appreciate all of your help Bernard. Is there another way that I can get you that screenshot?

English to French
+ ...
Multiterm Mar 2, 2013

Use my e-mail address

nrbseal
United States
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 3, 2013

Bernard, thank you so much! It does work! Haha. I greatly appreciate all your help. You have gone above and beyond in my opinion in assisting me. I cannot thank you enough.

Nathan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Multiterm 2011 issue

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search