Thread poster: Chi Do

Chi Do  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 03:14
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
Mar 3, 2013

Hi guys,

I am still novice at using SDL Trados 2009 Studio SP3. One of my clients requires me to send them my Translation Memory and a TMX file. I can create a TMX file but I cann't open it to check its content. When I tried to open it with SDL, the program informed that "File not supported".
What's wrong with the files I created?

I appreciate any help from you.

Thank you in advance.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:14
Finnish to French
Olifant Mar 3, 2013

If all you want to do is browse through the content of the TMX you exported from Studio to check it's OK, you can use Olifant, a free TM editor for Windows you can download from http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

Obviously, you will want to make sure the TM you send them only includes translations related to the job you just performed for them.

Chi Do  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 03:14
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply Mar 3, 2013

Dominique Pivard wrote:

If all you want to do is browse through the content of the TMX you exported from Studio to check it's OK, you can use Olifant, a free TM editor for Windows you can download from http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

Obviously, you will want to make sure the TM you send them only includes translations related to the job you just performed for them.

It means I cann't open TMX file with TagEditor in SDL Trados 2009. Since this is the first time I created A TMX file, I kinda get worried when I cannot re-open it to recheck whether my TMX file is OK or not.
Anyway, thank for your reply.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:14
English to French
+ ...
Import Mar 3, 2013

If you want to check whether it's ok, you need to import it into a TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: Unable to open TMX file

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search