Thread poster: Sacha Quadrelli
Sacha Quadrelli
Sacha Quadrelli  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:06
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2013

I realize this issue has been addressed before, so I apologize for being repetitive, but I have found no satisfactory solution in any of the threads. When using the termbase with Trados 2011, in longer paragraphs many of the terms in the termbase near the end of the paragraph do not appear as recognized. This was always a problem, but it seems to be getting worse; now even shorter paragraphs are presenting this problem. The main termbase I use has nearly 4,000 words in it and the search depth is... See more
I realize this issue has been addressed before, so I apologize for being repetitive, but I have found no satisfactory solution in any of the threads. When using the termbase with Trados 2011, in longer paragraphs many of the terms in the termbase near the end of the paragraph do not appear as recognized. This was always a problem, but it seems to be getting worse; now even shorter paragraphs are presenting this problem. The main termbase I use has nearly 4,000 words in it and the search depth is already set on maximum (999). Any insight would be appreciated.Collapse

madrid78
madrid78
Local time: 22:06
French to English
+ ...
Same position Mar 5, 2013

The problem seems to be getting progressively worse to the extent that, in some segments, even short ones, the term recognition window states that there are no matching terms although I know there are. I have tried all suggestions I have found on this website so far to no avail. Someone in another thread suggested it might be some kind of bug, in which case it seems to be a matter for SDL to resolve. In the meantime, we are left with expensive software with seriously diminished functionality.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Termbase issue

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »