Trados Termbase issue
Thread poster: Sacha Quadrelli

Sacha Quadrelli  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:16
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2013

I realize this issue has been addressed before, so I apologize for being repetitive, but I have found no satisfactory solution in any of the threads. When using the termbase with Trados 2011, in longer paragraphs many of the terms in the termbase near the end of the paragraph do not appear as recognized. This was always a problem, but it seems to be getting worse; now even shorter paragraphs are presenting this problem. The main termbase I use has nearly 4,000 words in it and the search depth is already set on maximum (999). Any insight would be appreciated.

madrid78
Local time: 02:16
French to English
+ ...
Same position Mar 5, 2013

The problem seems to be getting progressively worse to the extent that, in some segments, even short ones, the term recognition window states that there are no matching terms although I know there are. I have tried all suggestions I have found on this website so far to no avail. Someone in another thread suggested it might be some kind of bug, in which case it seems to be a matter for SDL to resolve. In the meantime, we are left with expensive software with seriously diminished functionality.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Termbase issue

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search