Studio 2011 / Normal.dotm templates
Thread poster: kostan

kostan
Austria
Local time: 09:04
German to English
+ ...
Mar 6, 2013

1) Whenever I do a "Save all" (doc, or docx files) for the first time, I keep getting the error message "Failed to save the project .... because it is being used by another process", although the file has actually been saved.
2) When I close Studio, I am told that the file is being used by another process or user. I have to click "no" or "ok", depending on the popup window, then the Template file opens, and I have to close it. No problem as such, but annoying.

Has anybody had similar problems - and solved them?

Tks in advance

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:04
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Yes, now that you mention it Mar 6, 2013

I thought it was related to Wordfast, but perhaps Studio is to blame. I click on Save to end the process. This happens always when I shut down Windows, and it started after I installed Studio 2011.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Task Manager Mar 6, 2013

For some reason when launching Studio 2011 Word is also started. The way to get rid of it before closing Studio, open the Task Manager and kill Winword.exe. Then, the message is not displayed.

HTH,

Bernard

kostan
Austria
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solves it, but only once Mar 7, 2013

Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried it and it works. However, you have to do it every time you close Studio and thus leaves me with the same amount of (unnecessary work). I wonder if SDL knows of the problem and has a solution?

[Edited at 2013-03-07 06:42 GMT]

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Add-Ins Mar 18, 2013

I think I've found a better way of fixing it. In Word, File -> Options, disable all of the Add-Ins, uncheck all of the boxes and reenable them one by one. Should point to the one that is causing the issue, worked in my case, then leave it unchecked.
Word
Could also be caused by a corrupt Normal.dotm, rename as old, get recreated when reopening

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-03-18 14:23 GMT]

kostan
Austria
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Add-ins Mar 18, 2013

This seems to work perfectly and has brought me to the actual problem on my machine.
For whatever reason, the MultiTerm9 template reappears intermittently, even though I delete it (when I happen to remember) .....AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\MultiTerm9.dot.
Anyway, tks a lot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 / Normal.dotm templates

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search