Error message in SDL Studio 2011 -- Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectMa
Thread poster: Dialogue UK

Dialogue UK
English
Mar 11, 2013

HI,

We have a specific issue because of which we cannot open Trados Studio 2011 at all currently, i wonder if anyone could help us on this:

It is an error message that reads: Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started.

1. We have tried the solutions suggested by the SDL Knowledge base however it was for Trados 2009 so we still can't solve the issue: http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=12&cpc=qb8RGxWgV7DN67jch65JW5N8M4TEJLa6&cid=1&t=&r=0.443385124206543

2. I've also tried the following, but it didn't work either:
Locate and remove the following XML files (make sure you have closed SDL MultiTerm and SDL Trados Studio first) from following folder:
>
> Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[VERSIONNUMBER- Should be 10.0.0.0]
>
> Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[VERSIONNUMBER - should be 10.0.0.0]
>
> - BaseSettings.xml
> - plugincache.xml
> - UserSettings.xml

None of the above solutions worked so far, any chance anyone could help on this urgent matter please?

Maoge

avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:27
English to French
+ ...
Access to the drive? Mar 11, 2013

Usually I get this error when I'm VPNing and I'm not connected to the drive where the projects are stored.

Dialogue UK
English
TOPIC STARTER
In response to Marie Mar 18, 2013

Hi Marie,

It seems the cause of the issue is that Trados had been shut down improperly or when a power surge occurs.

It's connected to local drive so I don't think VPN is the problem.

We will have a remote session with SDL support and if the solution is helpful we will be sharing it in this forum.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message in SDL Studio 2011 -- Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectMa

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search