Robohelp 9 and Studio 2011 (without any SPs)
Thread poster: Anninili

Anninili
Local time: 13:08
English to German
+ ...
Mar 12, 2013

Hello,

to relax a little from the stupid Frame+Studio2011 problems, I had to move on to localize Robohelp9 files. I got a set of files from the tech authors group containing html, hhc and hhk files but

a) we all are not sure whether they are the correct files (we are checking this part - Robohelp is new to us)
b) so far I figured that I can localize the html and xhtml files as well as the hhc and hhk files in Studio but how? Simply open the files seems not to workicon_wink.gif.

I somehow can see and work on the html files, I so far found a way to get the settings right (trial&error and really little html knowledge) but I have no clou how to get the contents of the hhc and hhk files into the editor, basically I wish to know where I can find some information on their settings (the onlinehelp is not that helpful but then, I am not html/xml guruicon_wink.gif). Plus I am a little disturbed as the are called hhc/hhk files but the first entry says they are xml files? So which settings apply to them? XML? html as mentioned in the onlinehelp?

I admit that I am not very into onlinehelp programing but I somehow thought I would no really need to know that much to do the translation?

By the way, this is how our hhk files starts, I tried to enter a new "Name" in the Attributes and Elements" section of file type tab, but I still could see the contents. You have to be an expert on html to get the settings right?

Thanks for any hints on webpages, hidden help files etc.icon_wink.gif
Anneliese

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Robohelp 9 and Studio 2011 (without any SPs)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search