https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/244964-sdl_trados_2011_convert_sdlproj_to_sdlppx.html

SDL Trados 2011: Convert sdlproj to sdlppx
Thread poster: Massimiliano Bonatto
Massimiliano Bonatto
Massimiliano Bonatto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:55
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 12, 2013

Hi everybody,
I have started using Trados Studio 2011 not long ago and I am still a newbe in the field. All I know is that at the end of the project I have a .sdlproj file. My employer wants me to send him the completed job in a .sdlppx file.
How can I do it? Can I covert it in some way, or is there a way to save the file in .sdlppx format in the first place?
Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,
Massimiliano Bonatto

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Project Packages Mar 12, 2013

Hi Massimiliano,

Project Packages can be created from a Studio Project if you have the Professional Version of Studio. Are you sure you were not sent an sdlppx file which you opened so that the Project was then created on your computer. You can then create a return package from this, sdlrpx, to send back to your client.

Of course if you have the Professional version then just select your project in the projects view, right-click it and select "Create Project Package".
... See more
Hi Massimiliano,

Project Packages can be created from a Studio Project if you have the Professional Version of Studio. Are you sure you were not sent an sdlppx file which you opened so that the Project was then created on your computer. You can then create a return package from this, sdlrpx, to send back to your client.

Of course if you have the Professional version then just select your project in the projects view, right-click it and select "Create Project Package". If it's greyed out then you probably have a different version.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Massimiliano Bonatto
Massimiliano Bonatto  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Project Packages Mar 12, 2013

Hi Paul,
thank you very much for your quick reply!
Well, as I told you I am new to Trados, I have the Professional version, but I did not know how to create this "package" you told me about.
So, all I have to do is right-clicking on the project from the projects view, select "Create New Package" and that's it... wow!
Thanks again for your help, I'll try out your suggestion!

Regards
Max

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011: Convert sdlproj to sdlppx

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »