Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:20
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 12, 2013

Hi everybody,
I wanted to ask you if it is possible to perform a concordance search for acronyms, like "HOW".
If I insert such acronym in the search tab, I got results like "however" which contain the letters of the acronym. However, I would like to search ONLY those particular letters, that is, not inserted in other words.
Thank you very much for your help.
Bruno

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
100% Mar 12, 2013

Hi Bruno,

If you set concordance search to a 100% only exact matches should be returned. Project Settings ->TM ->Search -> Concordance.

HTH,

Bernard

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 12, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

Hi Bruno,

If you set concordance search to a 100% only exact matches should be returned. Project Settings ->TM ->Search -> Concordance.

HTH,

Bernard

Thank you very much Bernard!
I think Trados should implement a more obvious method for searching single words...like inverted commas..

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Filters Mar 12, 2013

You could define Filters but I thought that was the most straightforward way of getting results immediately.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance search for acronyms

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search