https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/244978-mt_enhanced_using_google_translate_app_with_indesign_idml_files.html

MT Enhanced using Google Translate App with Indesign/IDML files
Thread poster: Language Arts
Language Arts
Language Arts
United States
Local time: 10:47
Member (2010)
Mar 12, 2013

I'm hoping someone can help!

I'd like to use the "MT Enhanced using Google Translate" app with an IDML (Indesign) file in Studio 2011. During the pre-translate process I get an error message: Translation provider threw and exception.

I tried converting and pre-translating INX and TTX, but get the same error message.

Does this app not work with Indesign files?

Thank you in advance!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:47
English
Don't think the filetype is at play here Mar 13, 2013

Hi,

I can see no logical reason why the type of file would cause this. It sounds more like a problem with the plugin or maybe access to Google at the time you tried it. I'd recommend, if the problem is still there, that you contact the developer using the contact details in the OpenExchange where you downloaded the plugin from.

Regards

Paul

Language Arts
Language Arts
United States
Member (2010)
TOPIC STARTER
Other file formats work fine Mar 13, 2013

Thank you for your reply!

The app works fine with a different file type (Excel) even within the same project. We tried in Studio 2011 and 2009. Same result. We also tried other idml files, also with the same error message.

We contacted the developer this morning. Hope to find a solution for this soon.

Thanks for your advise!

Jennifer

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:47
English
That's interesting... Mar 13, 2013

... maybe you can post the solution or explanation? I'd be interested in that one too. Incidentally do the other MT engines work with this filetype for you?

Regards

Paul

Language Arts
Language Arts
United States
Member (2010)
TOPIC STARTER
I will post... Mar 13, 2013

I will post the solution/explanation as soon as we hear from the developer. He has the files to test and will try to get back to us by the end of the week.

We haven't used other MT engines. I might look into that though. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jennifer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT Enhanced using Google Translate App with Indesign/IDML files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »