Thread poster: Matteo Ippoliti

Matteo Ippoliti
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 12:59
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 13, 2013

Hi everybody!

I was wondering if there is a way to add two more working languages to SDL Studio 2009 (currently I'm working with English, French and Italian). Do I have to reinstall the program from scratch? if so, what happens to the folders and the settings?
Thank you!

Matteo

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:59
English
Adding languages Mar 13, 2013

Hi,

You have to pick five when you install, so if the other two were not the ones you wanted then you do have the reinstall the product. No need to return your license for this, although you can if you're concerned, you just uninstall and reinstall.

This time if you need English just select English, and not English (US) for example. You get all the flavours when you do this... same for French, Spanish or Italian for example.

Regards

Paul

Matteo Ippoliti
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 12:59
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Backup? Mar 14, 2013

Thank you Paul for the quick response. From a practical point of view, should I do a backup with all my translation jobs folders or it's not necessary? Is there a way to keep all the customized settings? (e.g. keyboard shortcuts etc.)
Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding working languages in SDL Studio 2009

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search