Thread poster: Catharina Matthison-Hansen

Catharina Matthison-Hansen
Denmark
Local time: 20:33
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 14, 2013

Hi,

I have started to create a termbase in Multiterm, Studio 2011, but I can't figure out how to add a cross-reference.
How do I create a layout that includes this possibility? The help files are not helping...

Hope somebody out there can give me a short guide.

Thanks in advance,
Catharina

jkmsff
Local time: 20:33
No special layout needed Mar 15, 2013

Catharina,

It is possible to create a cross-reference in any field of the "Text" type. No special layout is needed.

I'm quoting from MultiTerm 2011 online help. The information give there is a bit unclear in some points.
Before you begin:
• Carry out a search to find the entry that requires a cross-reference. Click on the relevant term in the Hit List to open the corresponding entry in the entry pane.
• Choose a layout that includes distinctive formatting for cross-reference text. This will make your cross-references clearly visible in the entry pane. See About Layouts.

You can neglect the bit about selecting a layout unless you've created your own layout. All built-in MultiTerm layouts display cross-references as blue text with underline.
1. Select Edit > Edit from the menu or right-click on the term and select Edit.
MultiTerm switches to edit mode. The entry structure reflects the termbase definition or those parts of it that are available according to the settings defined in the currently selected layout or input model.

2. Select the text for which you want to create a cross-reference. The cross-reference text must belong to a text field, and the editing box must remain closed as you select the text.

Cross-references are only available in fields of the "Text" type. You cannot create a cross-reference in term fields, in picklists, number or date fields.
3. Right-click to open the Manage a Cross-reference dialog.
Select the type of cross-reference you want from the choices on the left-hand side of the dialog:

More precisely, right-click the selected text to open the cross-reference dialog.

Kind regards
Joachim

[Edited at 2013-03-15 15:13 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Layouts and adding cross-reference

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search