How do I make Studio 2011 recognize tags?
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:08
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 15, 2013

I've received an Excel file in which regular text is mixed in with tags. The tags are in between brackets, but Studio doesn't recognize them as tags - I can leave a tag out and Studio won't alert me. How can I teach Studio to recognize these tags for what they are?

Vattenfall_2.jpg

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:08
English
You need to use the embedded content... Mar 15, 2013

Hi Marinus,

You need to use the embedded content rules in the excel filetype... maybe something like this:

The regex I used is a little overkill but effective and it was easy as this is a standard one you'll even find in the help... so doesn't require any thoughticon_smile.gif

An excel like this:

Then opens like this:

So segment #6 shows the tags because they are inline but you could break this too if you wanted.

Regards

Paul

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:08
English
Many apologies... Mar 16, 2013

Hi Marinus,

I woke up this morning and for some reason thought about this laziness of not doing this properly, and of course the result was incorrect. You need to use this:

To get this:

The other expression is a good catch all for placeables but but goes too far for tag pairs, so I corrected it with an exact pattern for the tags showing here.

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I make Studio 2011 recognize tags?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search