Creating file word from ttx in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Eileen Cartoon

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:26
Italian to English
Mar 19, 2013

I have done a translation for a company. They sent me the files in ttx format from Trados 2007 and I used these in my Studio 2011 project. Now they want not only the ttx files but also the Word files and when I try to create target translation it simply recreates the ttx. Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks for any advice.
Eileen

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Save target as ... Mar 19, 2013

If they sent you the Word files too, then click shift+F12 to save target as, and you'll see two options:
save as ttx
save as original file format.
Click the second, browse to the Word file (to show Studio which one it is and where it is) and save the target Word file.

Of course, if you haven't got the source Word file then you won't be able to save your translation as a target Word file. Also, if the client made any changes to the Word file after converting it to ttx, then it won't be any good either.
HTH,
Emma

Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Emma but... Mar 19, 2013

this doesn't seem to work. Shift-F12 does not react at all. And there does not seem to be this option in any of the pull-down menus. Any other ideas? (This isn't really an urgent question anymore because I recreated the project using the Word files, applied my TM and then just adjusted the segments I had joined. It took a while but, at least it's done)

In any case, I would really appreciate the answer for the future.
Thanks
Eileen

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
File drop-down menu Mar 19, 2013

Eileen Cartoon wrote:

Shift-F12 does not react at all. And there does not seem to be this option in any of the pull-down menus.

Well, with the file open in the Editor window, try going to the File drop-down menu and then click "Save target as."

Anyway, glad to hear you solved the problem by reprocessing the Word file.

Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks a million Emma Mar 19, 2013

Now I see what I was doing wrong. I was trying to do it from the files list and not with the file actually open.
You live and learn.
Thanks again
Eileen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating file word from ttx in Studio 2011

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search