Studio 2011 Segmentation Rules
Thread poster: Language Arts

Language Arts
United States
Local time: 12:01
Mar 19, 2013

Based on a high number of fuzzy matches I've looked into our files a bit and found that Studio is breaking segments with every occurrence of a (R) mark. I looked into the settings for the segmentation rules, but can't find anything that would define a (R) as a break. Everything is set to default (period, ?!,icon_smile.gif.

Can anyone help? Thank you!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:01
English
By an (R) mark... Mar 19, 2013

... do you mean the registered symbol like this ® or the actual characters (R)? I had a quick test with a word file using both of these and a default TM and I see this:

Maybe you can advise whether you have customised your segmentation rules or what filetype you are handling and what character you meant? Maybe if it's xml there are tags around the mark and they have no been made internal... hence the break?

I think a little more information would be helpful?

Regards

Paul

Language Arts
United States
Local time: 12:01
TOPIC STARTER
® Symbol/SGML Mar 20, 2013

Thank you for the reply Paul!

It's the actual symbol where this is happening. I've also seen it happen with parentheses and around links. Since we're using SGML it probably has to do with tags. I haven't changed the SGML default segmentation rules nor do I know what I would have to change not to break the segments if the tags were the issue.

Thank you!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:01
English
Can you share a sample file? Mar 20, 2013

Hi,

If you can send me a sample sgml that behaves like this I can take a look and perhaps be able to suggest a solution?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 Segmentation Rules

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search